Happy Saturday! A while ago I did a post about my current makeup routine and in this post I promised to do a review on the Bourjois Rouge Edition Aqua Laque in the shade ‘04 Viens si tu roses’ I bought it about two months ago because I was on the hunt for the perfect rosy lip color for summer. Even though I wasn’t sure whether I was going to like how glossy it was I decided to buy it anyway because I instantly fell in love with the color.
This lip lacquer is supposed to be as light as water and should be super comfortable to wear. When I applied it for the first time I was pleasantly surprised. It really felt like it put water on my lips, my lips where very dry so this was just what I needed. I can’t really describe the feeling but it just feels great on your lips, very light, soothing and not sticky at all. Not only does it feel like water but it also kind of looks like water once you applied it. It’s super shiny and it doesn’t give a full coverage but that’s what makes it great for summer. Because of this thin consistency it doesn’t stay on that long and it can be quite tricky to apply but the pretty color absolutely makes up for that.
Happy Wednesday! A few days ago I decided to make some peanut butter squares. I stumbled upon them while I was scrolling through Pinterest and they looked super easy to make so I decided to give them a shot. I’m a huge fan of Reese’s peanut butter cups and to my surprise these almost taste exactly the same! This is how you make them:
- 120 grams butter
- 80 grams digestive biscuits
- 110 grams confectioners’ sugar
- 110 grams peanut butter
For the glazing:
- 120 grams dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Start off with melting the butter.
- Meanwhile crush the biscuits into small pieces.
- Mix the butter, cookie crumbs, sugar and peanut butter together. Make sure the butter is still warm when you do this so it all mixes together more easily.
- Put it in a small baking tray and press everything together with a spoon.
- Put it in the refrigerator while preparing the glazing.
- For the glazing melt together the peanut butter and the chocolate. To do this put the ingredients in a bowl and place this bowl over a bowl with boiling water. Make sure you don’t get any water into the bowl with the ingredients.
- Pour the glazing on top of the cooled filling.
- Put it into the refrigerator for another hour before cutting it into small squares.
They’re super easy to make and you only need a few ingredients. Enjoy!
I’m back! I took a little break from blogging because school was crazy busy because of a huge deadline. Since the deadline is over I’ve got a lot of more time to spent on this blog so be prepared for more regular posts in the next few weeks. And now, onto the post!
Lately I’ve been wearing the same makeup look almost every day. I thought it would be fun to share it with you because I personally love reading posts like this. The reason I wear this makeup look so often is because it only takes 5-10 minutes and it looks very natural (which I love for summer).
First I start with the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream. I’ve been using this BB cream for a very long time now and I still love it. It looks much more natural than most foundations while giving a pretty high coverage. After this I use Catrice Re-touch Light Reflecting Concealer under my eyes and the Catrice Camouflage Cream on any blemishes. To make sure my makeup stays on a bit longer I use the Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder. I like my face to be a bit more matte because somehow a dewy skin makes me a bit gross looking (which I hate because I love a dewy skin on others). After this I use the Catrice Sun Glow Matte Bronzing Powder around the edges of my face and the Sleek Flamingo Blush on top of my cheeks. I apply this blush very lightly because it’s super pigmented. Now onto the eyes. I start with applying the Bourjois Color Edition 24H in Pétale de Glace all over my eyelids, focusing on the outer corners. This makes my eyes appear a bit more awake while still looking natural. Then I curl my lashes and apply the brown Hema 3D Effect Mascara. Lately I’ve been obsessed with brown mascara and I wish Hema sold in other countries too because this mascara is amazing. I barely touched my all time favorite mascara (the Max Factor Clump Defy) since I bought this. Last but not least I apply the Bourjois Rouge Edition Aqua Laque in the colour Viens Si Tu Roses. I will write a review on this Lip Lacquer soon but I can already tell you that it’s super pretty.
And that’s it. Most products I used are super affordable because I love budget friendly makeup. I hope you liked this more rambly post. What are your favorite products at the moment?
Do you ever have those days that you just want to bake something unhealthy. And it’s not really the baking part that you’re looking forward too but more the eating part? Well I that’s exactly the kind of day I had last Monday. So that’s why I decided to bake some donuts. And the baking part was almost as fun as the eating part so I decided to share the recipe with you. Here we go!
For about 10 donuts you’ll need:
- 7 grams dry yeast
- 125 mL milk
- 25 mL tepid water
- 50 grams sugar
- 250 to 350 grams flour
- 50 grams butter
- 2 small eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 litre sunflower oil
For the glazing you’ll need:
- 50 grams powdered sugar
- 30 grams sugar
- Heat the milk for about 30 seconds in the microwave untill it’s warm (not hot).
- Mix the tepid milk and water with 10 grams of the sugar and yeast. Stir till the sugar and yeast are dissolved.
- Set this mixture aside for about 10 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Put the other 40 grams of sugar, 250 grams flour, the butter, the eggs and the vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Stir the yeast mixture once more and put it in the bowl with the other ingredients.
- With a mixer, mix the ingredients until they form an elastic dough. If your dough is still sticky after mixing, add more flour (until your dough isn’t sticky anymore).
- Cover the bowl with a kitchen cloth and set at a warm and dry place for about 45 minutes. After this the dough should be doubled in size.
- Roll out the dough untill it’s about 1 cm thick and with a cookie cutter (or with a bowl/mug/anything round), cut out rounds. You can make them as big or small as you want to. After this cut out a small hole in the middle.
- Again, cover the donuts with a kitchen cloth and let them rest for about 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a small pan. If the oil starts boiling, turn the heat down and put in the first donut.
- Cook each side for about 1 to 2 minutes (depending on the size of the donut and the temperature of the oil). Your donut is ready when it’s a nice light-brown color. And please be VERY careful, the oil is super hot and you really don’t want to touch it. I recommend using a slotted spoon to turn and taking out the donuts.
- Let the donuts drain and cool down a bit on some kitchen paper.
- In the mean time mix the powdered sugar with some water to create a nice, thick glaze.
- Spread the glaze on the donuts and sprinkle some more sugar on top. And you’re done!
They take about 1.5 hours to make including the rise time of the dough but I promise you, they are absolutely worth it! What are your favorite things to bake on a day off?
Happy Friday! I hope you all have some wonderful plans for the weekend. Today it all of a sudden struck me that I promised to write a review on the L’Oréal Color Riche l’Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick a few weeks ago and I still didn’t do it. Procrastination at its finest. So sorry if I kept you waiting and I hope you enjoy it nonetheless.
I don’t know about you but I’m always looking for the perfect nude lip products. So when I saw this product on sale I decided to give it a go (even though I’m not a huge fan of lip glosses) because the color looked so pretty. Once I got home I naturally first jumped behind my laptop to do a little research and found out that the L’Oréal Color Riche l’Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick is a lip product with the color intensity of a lipstick, the shine of a gloss and the softness of a lip balm. After reading this I was quite curious if it really would be this good. And I can tell you, it is. This lip color feels so nice on my dry lips. It contains different kind of oils that make this product feel very comfortable on the lips.
I bought the color ‘Molto Mauve’ because this color looks most natural on me. It’s very pigmented and it’s very shiny (most of the time I like matte lips way more but I figured this is quite nice for spring and summer). The only thing I don’t like are the silver glitters in it. You can’t really see them but I feel them on my lips so that makes wearing it a bit more uncomfortable. It stays on about one to two hours which I think is quite decent for a product like this. I bought it for about 10 Euros.
Have you tried any of the L’Oréal Color Riche l’Extraordinaire Liquid Lipsticks? What did you think of it?
Happy Monday! Today I want to review this gorgeous blush from Sleek. You might know I love pink blushes for spring and summer so when I saw this one I decided I needed it, even though I already own way too many blushes.
First of all, the packaging. One of my favorite things about Sleek products is the way they look, they look way more expensive than they really are. The case is matte black with shiny black letters. On the inside is a small mirror which is great if you want to touch up your make up during the day. The only downside of the pretty matte packaging is that it gets dirty really quickly.
The blush itself is in the color Flamingo 937 which is a bright pink, matte color. It’s very pigmented so you have to make sure you don’t apply too much. It gives your cheeks a very healthy color and I think it will work for many skin tones. So I really like it and I only payed around 5 euros for it which is quite a bargain for a good quality product like this!
Before I start this post I just want to explain why I’ve been so absent on this blog lately. I think main reason why I’m so unmotivated to write is because I’ve been blogging for a while now. That sounds weird but I’m easily bored and most of the time I’m only completely motivated when I start something new. I really hate the fact I’m neglecting this blog because I LOVE blogging but I somehow completely lack the motivation to create posts that are worth writing and reading. I really hope explaining this will be a turning point and that I will start posting frequently again. So that was the serious part and now on to the fun part!
About a month ago I got nominated by Stash Matters to do the Confessions of a Beauty Blogger Tag. Thank you so much for the nomination and I’m sorry I didn’t answer the questions earlier. I know I’m so late to the hype but I really felt like answering some questions today and I thought this would be a good opportunity to tell a bit more about myself (something I don’t do very often on this blog). Here we go!
- When did you start your blog?
I started my blog in July 2014. I had no idea my blog is already almost one year old, time flies!
- Why did you start a blog?
There were several reasons I started this blog. Mainly because I love beauty but also because I really liked the thought of having my own website which I could make exactly the way I wanted. My study is very focused on graphic design and even though I love graphic design, I sometimes feel restricted by all the rules you should follow. This blog was a good opportunity to make something I liked instead of something that’s visually correct.
- When did you start becoming serious about starting a blog?
I believe one morning I just thought ‘having a blog would be nice’ and that evening I created this website. It wasn’t until a few weeks later that I uploaded my first post.
- How many hours a week do you spend planning/writing/uploading posts?
The last two months have absolutely been a low when it comes to blogging. I think I only spent about one hour a week on blogging. Before it would be about six hours a week and I really hope that I will find the motivation to post more often soon!
- What has been your biggest challenge about blogging?
Posting regularly. I’m a huge procrastinator and, as I mentioned, I have been neglecting this blog so bad.
- When is it easiest for you to write your posts?
When I just bought something I love. My favorite posts to write are reviews so I’m always super excited to share my opinion on a product I love.
- What makes writing posts comfortable for you?
When I already know what I’m going to tell and when I like the pictures I took. For me, these two things are super important to write a post I (and hopefully the readers) like.
- Where do you see your blog in one year?
I have no idea. I just hope I’m still posting and enjoying blogging!
- What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?
When people have as much fun reading my posts as I had to write them. I love reading your comments and I’m still amazed how supporting and sweet you all are!
- What’s your worst makeup/hair habit?
It’s more like a general beauty habit but I bite my lips and nails. I know I really should stop because it’s both painful and gross but I’m quite addicted haha.
- What’s one quote you wish the world would live by?
Well I’m not really a quote fan but I wish that people just started to respect each other. People always fear the things they understand and it’s really messed up that they use violence against the people who live in a way that they don’t understand. Do you have a quote that fits this? Because that quote probably is my answer to this question.
- How long do you spend getting ready every day?
I can get ready in about 30 minutes but only when there’s no other option. Otherwise about an hour.
- What’s your favorite post on your blog?
That’s a tough question. I think the post I like most are the recipes because they are so much fun to write and (hopefully) encourage readers to make something nice.
- Who is a beauty blogger that you think deserve more subscribers that they have?
I have no idea how many subscribers the bloggers I follow have but I really like them all and they all deserve tons of subscribers!
- What’s one thing you’re excited about in the coming year?
In summer I’m going to Lisbon with three friends and I’m absolutely looking forward to that trip!
- What has been your favorite blogging moment?
I think that was when I won a Chanel giveaway. I never won something before so I was super happy!
- How long does it take to prep for a post?
In general: 20 minutes of taking photo’s, 20-30 minutes of editing (I always adjust the light in pictures and very often I place a text over them), 1 hour of writing and uploading. So 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Are you wearing jeans/ skirt right now or are you wearing pajama bottoms?
Jeans! I’m one of the very few people who doesn’t like wearing pajama’s during the day.
Feel free to answer these questions and let me know if you did this tag! I love to learn more about you. Thank you for reading!