I think every girl with long hair recognizes the way too often occurring fight with tangled hair. At least I do. Until a couple of years ago my hair would tangle super badly and it could hurt so much to get these knots out. But then I found out about the Tangle Teezer.
The Tangle Teezer is a plastic brush that is especially designed to detangle your hair without any effort and without damaging your hair. You can use it on wet and dry hair which is great because most brushes damage your hair when you use them on wet hair. The brush has quite an odd shape but it fits perfectly in my hand (it might be a bit more uncomfortable when you’re left handed but you can absolutely still use it). I got my first Tangle Teezer about three years ago and it was love at first use. It glides through my hair effortlessly and it leaves my hair super soft. Another amazing thing is that it’s super easy to clean because it’s all plastic. And last but not least, they come in many different colors and shapes.
If you haven’t tried a Tangle Teezer before, go out and buy one immediately. You absolutely won’t regret it!
Every so often I get completely obsessed over a makeup channel on Youtube. This time it’s the channel Vivianna Does Makeup. And this addiction doesn’t only affect my spare time but also affects my bank account because when I watch a lot of makeup videos I always get this HUGE urge to go makeup shopping. And that’s what happened. I did find some strength while I was in my favorite drugstore and that’s why this isn’t a huge beauty haul but I still wanted to show you what I bought.
Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder
One of the products I use almost every day is the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. I really love it but I decided it was time for something different. I really wanted to buy a transparent setting powder and somehow this product really appealed to me. I don’t know if it’s the packaging or the price but I instantly decided to buy it. And it was a good choice. This powder is invisible on your face and leaves my skin looking matte without making it look unnatural. I don’t know if it makes my makeup last longer but I also don’t know that about my Rimmel Powder. It only costs 2.99 Euros and it’s absolutely amazing.
Catrice Sun Glow Matt Bronzing Powder – Medium Skin
I bought this product before but I accidentally bought the darkest shade. I did use it but it took a lot of time to blend it in so I decided it was time to buy the lighter shade. I really like matte bronzers because I use bronzer to contour my cheeks and you don’t want to do that with a shimmery bronzer. This product gives a very healthy look and feels super soft on my skin. I bought it for 3.99 Euros.
Catrice Camouflage Cream – 010 Ivory
I have mentioned before I’m always on the hunt for good concealers. This cream concealer is really one of the best concealers I’ve ever used. It blends in so easily and the coverage is amazing. It only costs 2.99 Euros so go out and buy it. You won’t regret it!
Essence Long Lasting Lipstick – 04 On the Catwalk
I have been on a hunt for a natural red lipstick for a while now. When I saw this one I thought, why not give it a shot. And even though it still isn’t the color I was looking for I really like it. It doesn’t dry out my lips and it looks quite natural. It doesn’t stay on for hours but I can’t really be bothered with that because it only costs 2.49 Euros.
I also bought a new Tangle Teezer and a L’Oréal Color Riche L’Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick but I’ll review them in separate posts because otherwise this post would be way too long. Have you tried any of these products?
I’ve been neglecting this blog so badly. I can make up all kinds of excuses but it’s mostly because I’m a huge procrastinator. Every day I think ‘I really want to write a blogpost’ and then, BAM, procrastination happens. So I’m so sorry, and I’ll try to make it up to you with a makeup review. And this time it’s not a drugstore makeup review but a high-end makeup review.
The item I want to review is the Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet Foundation. I won this foundation a while ago along with the Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base and some samples over at Annie’s Beauty Blog. She’s a lovely lady and she has a blog that’s almost completely dedicated to high-end makeup which is amazing to read. And you can imagine, I was SUPER EXCITED when actually won her Chanel giveaway. So thank you Annie for the amazing products.
Before I tell you something about the product itself I just want to take a moment to appreciate the packaging. Isn’t it the prettiest thing? The first thing I noticed when I opened the box was the scent. It smells so good! It’s quite strong but I don’t have a sensitive skin so I absolutely don’t have any problems with it but if you do have a sensitive skin be careful with perfumed products on your face. For me it’s just a bonus because I love beauty products that smell good. One thing that’s not very practical is the fact that bottle doesn’t have a pump. I don’t have a problem with this either because you still can get the product out in a clean way.
The consistency is quite runny and it’s absolutely necessary to shake the bottle before you use it. I do like it though, you only need very little of it to cover your whole face. It gives a medium coverage and the finish is quite matte. If you have a dry skin this foundation might not be for you because of the matte finish. I have a combination skin so I don’t have any problems with it. I really like the way it makes my skin look, very natural yet very flawless and that’s exactly the way I like it. I won the shade 10 beige and to my pleasant surprise it’s exactly the right color for me.
So all in all, I really love this product. It makes my skin look so pretty and I can tell you the quality is amazing. It is quite expensive but if you have an oily skin and you like to treat yourself every now and then with high-end makeup I absolutely recommend it.
A while ago I did this post on lipstick do’s and don’ts and I asked you what subject you wanted me to cover next. Fiona from Fionas Wonderland suggested a post about choosing the right foundation and concealer. I thought this was a great idea because foundation is one of the trickiest makeup items so I decided to write a foundation do’s and don’ts post. I hope you enjoy it!
- Use a moisturizer underneath your foundation, this way the foundation will apply more evenly and will look much more natural.
- Use a setting powder over your foundation. Most girls like a dewy skin but if you want your foundation to last all day, this step is essential.
- Mix your foundation with a primer or a day cream to make it look more natural (the color won’t change but it will be more easy to blend in and it reduces the coverage).
- Also apply foundation on your neck or make sure you blend your foundation well on your jaw line. The color of your face should match the color of your neck.
- Pick the right color. Thiscan be very tricky and the easiest way is to ask a trained makeup artist which shade you should use. If the store doesn’t offer this service or if you want to choose the right shade yourself you should keep these tips in the back of your mind:
- Test the foundation on your jaw line. It should match the color of your neck but also shouldn’t be too visible on your face. Your neck tends to be lighter than your face so take this into consideration. It’s better to buy a foundation that’s a bit too light than a bit too dark because you can always use bronzer to make it look natural.
- Test in natural light. The best thing to do is to walk outside and check if the color still matches your skin (don’t take the bottle outside too unless you paid for it, you don’t want to get arrested).
- Use foundation to make your skin look darker. I guarantee you it will look unnatural. If you want to look a bit more tanned, use a bronzer. It looks much more natural and healthy.
- Use a matte foundation on a dry skin or an oil based or dewy foundation on an oily skin. If you’re not sure what type of foundation you should use on your skin you again can ask a trained make-up artist. Otherwise use a tinted moisturizer because they look good on most skin types.
- Use too much foundation. If you have any blemishes on your skin, use a concealer to cover them up. Too much foundation will look unnatural and unhealthy.
If you have more tips or if you have a suggestion which subject I should cover next let me know! Thank you for reading!
I wasn’t sure whether I should dedicate an entire review on one single lip balm but then I figured, I love this lip balm so much it would actually be a waste if I didn’t. So here it is, my review on the famous Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue (well, I famous is a big word but a lot of people already talked about them).
As I mentioned, many bloggers already mentioned this lip balm but I thought they weren’t available in the Netherlands yet. Obviously I was wrong because when I was in my favorite drugstore last week I saw them, and they were on sale. I’m a huge fan of the regular Baby Lips so of course I bought one of the Dr. Rescue line. The main reason I was very excited to try these out is because I have the super bad habit of picking my lips when I’m bored. So more often than not my lips are quite pain full. This lip balm not only repairs damaged lips but also contain menthol for a cooling effect, the perfect combination for my damaged lips. They are very nourishing and make my lips super soft. And the cooling effect is AMAZING. It feels so nice, especially when my lips hurt. I can’t quite describe the feeling but you can really feel it’s working. I bought the natural shade called ‘Too Cool’ because there were only two other colors available (a pink and a coral) but they both don’t really compliment the color of my lips. And last but not least, they smell like eucalyptus which I love.
So all in all, nothing but good words about this lip balm. Love, love, love it.