How’s your week going so far? Yesterday I saw ‘The Imitation Game’ and it was one of the best movies I saw in a long time. I have a love/hate relationship with movies based on true stories because they tend to fascinate me a lot more but also can leave me a bit unhappy if it’s a sad story. But this movie absolutely was one that fascinated me. If you love a good movie then I think you’ll love this one! Okay, on to today’s post. I decided to write down some do’s and don’ts of wearing lipstick. Most of them are quite obvious but sometimes you need a post of this to remind you of the things you should and shouldn’t do when it comes to wearing lipstick.
- Use lip liner when you’re wearing a dark lip. Applying dark lipstick can be a huge challenge and using a lip liner to line and fill in your lips before applying lipstick will make it a bit more easier and less frustrating.
- Hydrate and prep your lips. Nobody likes the look of dry, chapped lips and that’s why you should use a good lip balm and exfoliate your lips every now and then.
- Adapt the color of your lipstick to season. Darker/matte colors are great for wintertime, light/shimmery colors are super pretty for summer.
- Apply different colors to create a new color. For example, mix a red color with a nude color to create a more natural red lip.
- Check your lips during the day. Just carry a small mirror with you and touch up you lipstick whenever your lipstick is fading.
- Apply a nude color that’s too light for your skin. Just don’t, it makes you look ill and unhealthy. Choose a nude color that’s a few shades darker than you skin tone.
- Wear lipstick on your teeth. Just pop your finger in your mouth and slide it out, this way you remove the lipstick from your inner lips and your teeth will remain lipstick free.
- Use matte lipstick on dry lips. If your lips are dry but you do want to wear a lipstick, make sure you wear a moisturizing one. Matte lipstick and dry lips are never a good combination.
- Overdraw your lips. If you have thin lips, you can make them look a bit fuller with lip liner and some highlighter but don’t go over the top. You want it to look natural.
Do you have any tips on wearing lipstick? Maybe I want to make a small series of these do’s and don’ts posts because they are super fun to write. So let me know what subjects you would be interested in! Thank you for reading!