Yesterday I had a day off and I decided to bake some blueberry rolls. And what a good choice it was. I don’t know if you’ve ever tried them but they are DELICIOUS. If you want to make a nice treat this weekend, keep on reading!
- 180 g + a few tbsp flour
- 45 g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 g yeast
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 120 mL water
- 60 mL milk
- 1 large egg
- 250 g frozen blueberries (or any kind of frozen fruit you like).
- 40 g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
- Mix the frozen fruit with 40 grams granulated sugar and the cornstarch. Set aside while you’re making the dough.
- Mix 180 g flour with 45 grams granulated sugar, salt and yeast.
- Melt the butter with the water and milk on a low fire. Remove from the stove as soon as the butter is melted.
- Mix the butter/water/milk with the flour and mix well. Add the egg and again mix well.
- Add a few tbsp flour until you have an elastic, sticky, soft dough.
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes. Be prepared because this is quite a workout. The reason you have to knead the dough is because otherwise the dough won’t rise as much as it needs.
- Set the dough aside for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes roll out the dough on a in a rectangle that’s about 0.5 centimeters thick (that’s 0.2 inch).
- Spread the blueberries over the dough and roll up tightly.
- Cut into pieces that are about 3 centimeters (1.2 inches) thick and place in a dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Let the rolls rise in a warm place for 1 to 2 hours.
- Bake for about 25 minutes in preheated oven of 190 degrees Celsius and you’re done!
If you like glazing then you can use any recipe you want. I didn’t make any because half of the rolls were eaten before I had the time to make it (that’s how good they are). So here you go! They can be a bit tricky and quite time-consuming to make but they are absolutely worth it, I promise!