I would be lying if I said I’m a very healthy eater (don’t worry, it’s not like I’m some kind of garbage bin) but with the summer approaching pretty fast I decided it’s time to be more aware of what I eat. So when I wanted to bake some cookies yesterday I decided to try and make healthy cookies. So after a little scroll through Pinterest (well, little is not the good word here, I once again got completely lost in this magical place) I saw a lot of recipes for oatmeal cookies that contain only ingredients that have many health benefits so I decided to make some of these. I was a bit worried that they wouldn’t taste like anything but I was absolutely wrong. They tasted so good! So if you want to make some guilt free, super easy and delicious cookies keep on reading!
- 2 mashed bananas.
- 75 grams peanut butter.
- 150 grams unsweetened applesauce.
- Some spices of your choice (I used ½ tsp cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg and salt and about ½ tsp vanilla extract).
- 130 grams oats.
- 40 grams dark chocolate chips (buy the darkest chocolate chips you can find).
- 25 grams shredded coconut (unsweetened).
- Optional: raisins, nuts, cranberries or whatever you like.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the mashed bananas, peanut butter and applesauce together.
- Add the spices and oats and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips, coconut (and the raisins/nuts etc.) and again mix well.
- With a spoon put small amounts of cookie dough on a lined baking sheet (you can make the cookies as big or small as you want).
- Bake the cookies for about 20 minutes (or until the edges are brown).
They are super easy to make and it’s nice that they are healthy and delicious at the same time. So if you want to eat healthier but still want a sweet snack every now and then or you just like cookies, go out and try making these!