This morning was the deadline I told about in my previous post so I finally have a more to work on my blog. I decided to make some Rocky Road to celebrate that I have two weeks from school. Rocky Road is one of my favorite snacks because I have an unconditional love for chocolate, marshmallows and cookies. Plus it’s super easy to make, it’s one of those recipes that can’t go wrong (statistically). This is how you make it:
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 100 grams milk chocolate
- 150 grams biscuits
- 125 grams butter
- 100 grams mini marshmallows (or big marshmallows cut in quarters)
- 2 tbs golden syrup (or honey or maple syrup)
- Break half of the biscuits in very small pieces and the other half in slightly bigger pieces. I do this by putting them in a plastic seal bag and crush them with my hands, this way you don’t cover your entire kitchen in biscuitcrumbs.
- Put the crushed biscuits and marshmallows in a large bowl.
- With a knife cut the chocolate in very small pieces.
- Melt the butter on low fire.
- Add the chocolate in small portions to the melted butter. Stir well.
- Add the golden syrup to the chocolate and butter, again stir well and add ¾ of this mixture to the biscuits and marshmallows. Stir everything together.
- Put the Rocky Road in a baking dish and pour the rest of the chocolate on top.
- Lastly you can decorate the rocky road with more marshmallows. I also decided to put some white chocolate chips on top.
- Put the baking dish in the fridge for at least two hours and you’re done!
This is a super easy recipe and you can come up with a lot of variatons on this recipe (you can add raisins, nuts or fruit for example). I know this is a very unhealthy recipe but everyone needs a treat like this every now and then, right?