Even though I don’t like to admit it, I’m already super exited for Christmas. And because I love Christmas, glitter and crafting I decided it would be fun to do a little tutorial on how to make these festive postcards. My excuse for this early Christmas DIY is that technically deer aren’t specifically Christmas related and the same goes for glitter. This is how you make them:
- This printable: Deer postcard
- Thick paper (I used glossy photo paper).
- Glitter (I used gold and silver but you can use any color you want).
- A craft knife and a cutting mat.
- Print the PDF on your thick paper. If you use photo paper like me make sure you print it on the matte side of the photo paper because otherwise you’ll see ink on the front of your postcard (this is why the PDF is mirrored).
- Cut the paper along the solid line.
- Cut the deer out with a craft knife.
- Now fold the card along the dotted line. Make sure the ink is on the inside of the postcard.
- Next you put glue on the right half of the postcard. Spread it out evenly (I used my fingers but you can also use a brush) and put glitter on top of the glue.
- Let the glue/glitter dry for about 15 minutes.
- Glue both sides together and you’re done!
You can use these as a postcard or Christmas card but you can also use them as a decoration for, for example your office. Have fun making them!