It’s almost Halloween so I thought it would be fun to do a little Halloween themed DIY project. I decided to make a garland because they are pretty, fun and easy to make. I didn’t plan on making this so I just used glitter and paper I already had (that’s why I accidentally ended up with Gryffindor colors, but I love Harry Potter so I absolutely can’t be bothered). This is how you make this festive garland:
- This printable: halloween garland (It’s mirrored so you won’t see the ink lines on your garland).
- Thick paper in a color you like (I used glossy photo paper).
- Glitter in a color of your choice.
- Paper in the same color of your glitter.
- Craft knife.
- Thread and needle.
- Paper perforator.
- Print the PDF on thick paper. Make sure that you don’t print on the side that you want to be the front of your garland (for example, I printed on the matte side of the photo paper because I wanted to use the glossy side for my garland).
- Cut out the flag’s (I don’t have a better word for it) with scissors and then cut out the letters with a craft knife.
- Cut squares out of the paper where you are going to put glitter on. Make sure they cover the entire letter. Apply glue on these squares evenly and then put glitter on top of this .
- Glue the glitter squares on the back of the flags.
- With a paper perforator make holes on the top of the flags and lace them on your ribbon.
- Now cut out the little bats and with the help of a needle and thread secure them on the ribbon.
- And you’re done!
I hope the instructions are clear, I had some trouble translating it from Dutch to English so if you have any questions you can ask me. It takes some time to make this but it’s easy and absolutely worth it.